Come downtown for double header festivities in Pine Bluff on Saturday, September 29. Start with the second annual Pop Up in the Bluff from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and then enjoy the Block Party on Main Street from 4:00 p.m. to midnight — free admission to both. Enjoy food, live music, and even magicians while also showing support for the Stop the Violence cause. Here are key details you need to know:
Pop Up in the Bluff 2018
This year’s Pop Up in the Bluff festival, also dubbed Pop Up Second Avenue, will be held on Second Avenue between Chestnut and Pine Streets. It is the second Pop Up event spearheaded by Pine Bluff Downtown Development. Last year’s popped up on Barraque.
- Saturday, September 29, 2018, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Second Avenue between Chestnut and Pine Streets in downtown Pine Bluff
- Free admission. Parking at courthouse available.
- Live music by Dave Sadler, Katie Ferren, Darnell Cann Ward, Chris Cash, and a jazz trio from Hot Springs.
- Performances at the New Community Theatre, arranged by owners by Craig Diamond and John Westford, at various points during the event (Updated Sept 25, 2018. Earlier version indicated magicians to perform; that is now unclear, though the New Community Theatre will be involved in Pop Up and have performers, perhaps musicians.)
- Showcases of local talent and products: art gallery, artists and chefs selling products, craft beer garden
- Yoga for Kids, run by the Arts and Science Center from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. in the Donald W. Reynolds Center, Rooms A and B
- Food trucks and vendors
Block Party on Main Street
This month’s downtown block party, sponsored by Uptown Salon & Boutique, features the theme “Stop the Violence.”
- September 29, 2018, 4:00 p.m. to midnight
- Free admission. Bring lawn chairs.
- Live music by Soul Impressions, the Highway 49 Blues Band, the Brian Austin Band, and Mellowdee Groove
- DJ: Gary Wilson
- Stop the Violence t-shirts for sale, with proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Club. Order by calling Uptown Salon & Boutique at 870-568-6382.
- Food trucks and vendors
- Kid Zone
- Adult beverage bar
Thank you to both Downtown Development and Uptown Salon and Boutique. Here is more information on these organizations.
Pine Bluff Downtown Development and Pop Up in the Bluff
Pop Up in the Bluff is a new annual event series spearheaded by Pine Bluff Downtown Development; the series follows the model of a nationwide initiative called the Better Block Project. Pine Bluff’s first annual Pop Up in the Bluff, in 2017, focused on Barraque Street, the city’s would-be “first” street; the Jefferson County courthouse sits on Barraque at Main Street. This year’s Pop Up in the Bluff 2018 naturally focuses on 2nd Street in the downtown area.
- Pop Up in the Bluff
- Pine Bluff Downtown Development
Uptown Salon & Boutique and Block Parties on Main
The Uptown Salon & Boutique, located at 204 South Main Street, offers salon services for men and women both: massages, hair cuts and styling, manicures and pedicures, facials, and threading. They also sale personal and gift boutique items.
For some time now, Uptown Salon & Boutique has been running block parties in downtown Pine Bluff, offering several a year. This one is particularly special, as it shines the spotlight on Pine Bluff’s Stop the Violence initiative. Also, proceeds from Stop the Violence t-shirt sales will go to the Boys and Girls Club.
- Location: 204 South Main Street, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- Phone: 870-568-6382 (for t-shirt sales as well)
- Facebook: Uptown Salon & Boutique