Yoga and artwork for children, crafts for adults, and Boo at the Bayou for all ages can be found in Pine Bluff this October! There’s a quilt show, plant swap, and an upcoming photography contest.
In addition to the events listed here, Pine Bluff is looking forward to the UAPB/AM&N 2018 Homecoming with events running from October 28 to November 3, 2018, and the Tribute to Bobby Rush on November 30, 2018, sponsored by the Delta Rhythm & Bayous Alliance. In the meantime, be sure to remember the Wednesday night Blues Jam sessions at Hot Rods.
Still, you have much to choose for the next few weeks, listed here in this post, including some events that are no cost to you. (Events with costs known at the time of posting are indicated.) Be sure to check with the host organizations for more information (e.g., policies and possible schedule changes). Their contact information follows the list of events.
Yoga for Kids
- Saturdays from 10:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Arts and Science Center for Southeast Arkansas (ASC), 701 South Main Street in PB (See more contact information below.)
- FREE activity
- Ages 7 and up (and adult chaperones). Dress comfortably. ASC yoga classes use Yoga for Kids, a 4-H Healthy Living Program by University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture Cooperative Extension Service.
Second Saturday Family FunDay – FREE
- Saturday, October 13, 2018, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Arts and Science Center for Southeast Arkansas, 701 South Main Street in PB
- Make artwork with the theme of autumn reflections of Lake Saracen using a variety of materials.
- Family and adult chaperones welcome.
- Friday, October 12, 2018 from 10:00 am to 11:30 a.m. (Usually on a Saturday, but this time on a Friday)
- AGFC Delta Rivers Nature Center, 1401 Blackdog Road in PB
- See their Facebook page events.
- Bring plants, house or garden, to trade or just trade ideas and knowledge.
Quilt Show at the Delta Rivers Nature Center
- Entries Due: October 9 through 11, 2018 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). Quilts with a nature theme may be dropped off at the Delta Rivers Nature Center.
- 12th Annual Quilt Show: Saturday, October 13, 2018, at 10:00 a.m.
- Delta Rivers Nature Center, 1401 Blackdog Road in PB
- Six quilt categories, all nature themed, will be displayed. Each will be eligible for a viewers’ choice award. Also visit with members of local guilds and sewing/quilting vendors.
- Admission: FREE
- Call 870-534-0011 for more information.
Wood and Wine — for Adults
- Thursday, October 25, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- ASC’s new art workshop. Create a rustic wooden sign under the instruction of Troy DeBill. “Come ready to distress and DEstress while enjoying complimentary wine (or beer).” — ASC
- All materials included.
- Members: $35, Non-members: $45
- Advanced registration is required. Space is limited.
- Must be at least 21 years old to attend.
Boo on the Bayou
- Friday and Saturday, October 26 & 27, 2018, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. on both nights
- Delta Rivers Nature Center
- Admission: FREE
- Concessions, hunting and fishing games, and more kid-friendly fun. Families and caretakers welcome.
Heads up for November 1:
Juried Photography Exhibition by the Arkansas Arts and Science Center
- Digital image entry: Due by November 1, 2018
- Photography Exhibition: February through April, 2019
- Arts and Science Center, 701 South Main Street in PB
- Open to everyone; photographers under the age of 18 need parent/guardian permission required.
- Photographs should capture the natural beauty and human experience (including musicians) within a mile of the Delta Rhythm and Bayous Highway, a stretch of Arkansas Highway 65 that runs through the Delta from Pine Bluff to Lake Village and then to Greenville, Mississippi, along Highway 82.
- Entry fee to ASC: $10 per entry
- In case of holidays or weather: If hand delivering, phone 870-536-3375 to confirm that ASC is open.
- See https://www.asc701.org/scenes-along-delta-form/scenes-along-delta-register to register.
- For more information for those whose photographs get selected for the juried exhibition, see www.asc701.org/scenesalongdelta.
Information on Hosting Organizations
Be sure to visit the Arts and Science Center (ASC) and the Delta Rivers Nature Center in person (for sure!) or online. If you need more information first, visit their websites or follow them on social media Both update their events on Facebook regularly, and ASC has an email subscription list that will keep you updated. Check out the date ranges of ASC’s ongoing art exhibits and their online educational — and fun — videos. Learn when the nature center has live feedings and other events.
Arts and Science Center for Southeast Arkansas (ASC)
Delta Rivers Nature Center