Join the Original Kingfest festivities from January 10 through 16, 2017, sponsored and coordinated by Interested Citizens for Voter Registration (ICVR) in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. The events and locations vary day by day, as Kingfest is truly a community event. Kudos to ICVR and all participants, especially those co-hosting events. The week-long festivities culminate in a marade, a parade on Martin Luther King, Jr., Day.
33rd Annual Original Kingfest
January 10 through 16, 2017
Sample of Events and Locations (with more weekend detail; see links below for full schedule)
- Tuesday through Friday: Numerous events for students to enjoy at area schools and at local Rotary Clubs (See links below for more information.)
- Friday, January 13: Gospel Extravaganza (6:30 p.m. at First Missionary Baptist Church, 4500 Faucett Road, Pine Bluff, AR)
- Saturday, January 14: Youth/Adult Citywide Service Day, Pen or Pencil King Team Youth-led Community Service Projects. (For more information on the youth projects, contact them at 425.785.4960.)
- Sunday, January 15: ICVR KingFest Justice Sunday Program. Keynote speaker: Tori Hunter (6:00 p.m. at First Assembly of God Church, 1002 Ridgway Road, Pine Bluff, AR)
- Monday, January 16: 33rd Annual Original ICVR KingFest Marade honoring the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Theme: “Living the Dream — Reviving the Spirit for Mentoring.”. Grand Parade Marshall: Tori Hunter. (Participant line-up at 1:00 p.m. From the Courthouse on Main Street to the Concention Center — Courthouse, 3 blocks south on Main, east on Third Avenue to Convention Center Drive, then south to the Convention Center)
- Monday, January 16: 2nd Annual MLK/Lorenzo Smith Battle of the Bands (along with the parade)
Also, in 2017, ICVR will mark its 50th anniversary. Congratulations!
For more information on each day’s events, please visit these websites and Facebook pages:
ICVR’s Facebook Page
ICVR’s Facebook Events Page
The Pine Bluff Commercial’s website
Pine Bluff Convention and Visitors Bureau’s website